terça-feira, 13 de novembro de 2007

Estou em Leiden. Leiden desperta o que ha de pior em mim:


"Hi Roelof,

Thanks a lot for letting me use your room, I'm sure you'll find it as you left. I had no trouble getting inn, although the top lock is reserved for the most observing kind of people (group in which I;m not included) and I never got to find out how you turn up the top lights, actually, that's a funny story:

After I arrived, late after dinner, bit tipsy and definitely tired, I tried to turn on the lights, couldn't, but was able to turn on the yellow light next to it. That was enough for me to get a glimpse of a room that I knew from before and enough for me to decide to turn on the lamp you have over the blue table, unfortunately, I'm, as you know, short for dutch standards (or any other standard north of paris) so I had to lean on the table. Just at the exact moment I was turning on the light, the table gave in, broke in half and I, desperate, held myself to the lamp which, of course, with my weight, fell too. Luckily the cable didn't hit me, and so I could recover my senses, and I'm still sure right now the fire which subsequently started only started because the cable hit the computer and short-fused somehow. In panic with the fire, I looked for a blanket, in short of one, I used one of your couch pillows (the one couch still not burning as the fire spread), I was...let's say, moderately successful and took out part of the fire, at least now only the books were burning and those were already too high for me to control with the second couch pillows (the first pillow used burned too, sorry to say). Anyway, I rushed to the kitchen and took one of your cooking pots, the one on top of the wooden speaker which, now when I think back, did in fact fell when I hit it in my desperation for catching the cooking pan, well, problem is, when I got back with water in the cooking pan the wood of the speaker was burning already, I picked it up, trying to prevent the fire of spreading to the other side of the room and threw it out of the window, the glass wasn't very thick, so you can relax, it broke immediately as the speaker went out the window. All a bit for nothing because your beautiful ceiling fan spread the fire all over the room anyway just before falling down. The water in the cooking pan was however successfully used on your dvd player and stereo, so besides some fuses and wires sticking out it looks brand new.
Besides that, everything looks normal, except for the fridge that, after the fire and having water tossed on top of it just doesn't seem to work. (it's a bit odd, Bosch appliances usually work well, are you sure the guarantee is over?).

So, thanks a lot for letting me use your house, I won't leave the keys were you requested because, well, there's no door so what the point?

ciao,

Amadeo Aosta,



P.S. Was able to save your IRS papers...ahahaha, kidding, all your official papers were burned with your books"



Sem comentários: